posted Feb 10, 2016, 7:45 AM by Memorial Super Neighborhood
updated Mar 15, 2016, 1:26 PM
Drive Reconstruction Project (Kirkwood to Eldridge) will begin soon. In
order to share the schedule, plans and other important information with
interested residents, PWE will host a public engagement meeting on March 24 at 6:30 pm at BridgePoint Bible Church youth activity room, 13277 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77079.
A one page printable flyer is attached at the end of this article.
On December 9, Houston City Council Approved an Ordinance
appropriating $20,787,611.00 out of the Street & Traffic Control and
Storm Drainage DDSRF and $5,566,081.00 out of Water & Sewer System
Consolidated Construction Fund and awarding the construction contract to
Oscar Renda Contracting, Inc. for the Memorial Drive Paving and
Drainage Improvements project from N. Kirkwood Rd. to N. Eldridge
This project was approved by the Texas Transportation
Commission in the 2013-2016 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
The State of Texas will refund the city 80% of the construction costs up
to a maximum of $12,647,308.00, which will be reimbursed through
monthly billings as costs are incurred.
This project consists of the construction of:
- approximately 16,600 linear feet of roadway to major thoroughfare standards;
of a four-lane divided roadway consisting of approximately 89,864
square yards of 10-inch reinforced concrete pavement with curbs and
- approximately 5,000 linear feet of 24 to 84-inch diameter storm sewer pipe;
- approximately 8,725 linear feet of 4 to 24-inch diameter water line;
- approximately 9,400 linear feet of 6 to 30-inch diameter sanitary sewer line, including all appurtenances;
- seven new traffic signal systems along Memorial Drive;
- wheelchair ramps, driveways, sidewalks, and street lighting; and
- a triple 10-foot by 10-foot bridge-rated box culvert structure to replace the existing bridge at Turkey Creek.
The total cost of this project is $39,001,000.00, to be appropriated as follows:
- Bid Amount: $32,720,726.00
- Contingencies: $1,636,100.00
- Engineering and Testing Services: $625,000.00
- CIP Cost Recovery: $1,309,174.00
- Construction Management Fee: $ 2,710,000.00
Sources of funds:
The contract duration for this project is 860 calendar days. Construction should begin very soon.
- $12,647,308.00 from Fund No. 5430 - Federal State Local - PWE Pass Thru DDSRF
- $20,787,611.00 from Fund No. 4042 - Street & Traffic Control and Storm Drainage DDSRF
- $5,566,081.00 from Fund No. 8500 - Water and Sewer System Consolidated Construction Fund